Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Virtual video adapter driver ?
Nemanja   2003-09-16 23:54
I need some kind of graphic card driver (win2k/xp) what do not require hardvare existance of graphic card. Need this driver because developing(maintain) some applicatins what support up to N users on 1 machine in same time. Currently have 3 graphic card and no available PCI slots.

Thanks for reply.
Matt   2003-09-18 08:47
Take a look at UltraVNC (Ultr@VNC) - they have a virtual display driver that you can use to span your desktop using multiple machines.
Nemanja   2003-10-07 04:11
Thanks for reply, but I need driver witch will expand my desktop on current machine. That part of desktop is NEVER visible because no monitor is attached to VIRTUAL driver. To simplify, driver should show himself on Display Properties->Settings as separate adapter (can move position, change color and resolution). So when move mouse on that part of screen mouse is not visible because he is on virtual display adapter.
I hope you understand me.

Something About VNC:
VNC great is utility to manage other computers from one place (like terminal services on win2kserver/xp).
Only original VNC(I use version 3.3.3 R9 from AT&T) support windows, linux, sun solaris, etc.
Matt   2003-10-07 07:35
Hi there,

I understood your original question perfectly, and UltraVNC previously would do exactly what you are asking for.

They had a virtual device driver which expands the desktop on the current machine, but that second display is not visible UNLESS you connected to it with a different machine.

The latest version of UltraVNC removed all pointers to the virtual display driver, probably because they didn't want to maintain it. That is why you won't see it on the UltraVNC page anymore.

Check out this thread for the archived location and instructions on the virtual display driver:
Here
Simon   2003-10-07 09:40
Try www.maxivista.com

---
Simon
AZ   2005-06-09 03:01
what a GREAT hint! This was exactly what I was searching for - VIRTUAL graphics driver.

But: First, I am only able to install two of those virtual drivers. Is there any possibility to install further drivers? Is there any alternative offer in the meantime for "virtual graphics drivers"? Second, some more resolutions would be a good thing...

Thanks a lot for any hints in advance!

PS: Maxivista sucks, because it ISNT possible to activate those virtual drivers unless another notebook/PC is connected via network... :-/
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Virtual video adapter driver ?