Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Multiple Monitor help with T.V.
Otho   2003-09-25 19:32
Ok, I've got a GeForce FX 5200 AGP, with an s-video out. My problem is the only way I can my computer to detect that there's something hooked up to the s-video out is if I hook it up to my VCR(using an adapter to turn the s-video into an RCA Coaxle). This is very frusterating because I only have one VCR and it's in my living room, I can't bring it into my bedroom every time I want to watch a simpsons episode i downloaded while I go to sleep. Any of you experienced something like this or have any ideas?
Douglas   2003-09-26 06:46
Most TV outputs work this way. They must detect a load on the output in order to activate that output. The logic is, if nothing is connected why turn it on. The best thing you can look for is a registry variable to force the output to be enabled regardless of detection.

Douglas Jordan
Colorgraphic, VP Engineering
ep8kg   2003-10-27 14:15
ok, maybe a stupid question on my part but I have the same problem I think and how would I go about doing what you just said? Thanks in advance

ep8kg
Mindabsence   2003-10-28 09:04
My FX 5600 has a box that can be checked under the outputs that will force the TV out its under the device properties of the card somewhere. I'm sure your 5200 will have that also if you look.
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Multiple Monitor help with T.V.