Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Twinview with non plug&play monitor?
Mitch   2001-02-05 06:01
Hi,

I just installed a Leadtek Geforce2 MX pro dual head card in my Win2k box. It seems that the "Twinview" panel will not autodectect my second monitor due to the fact it's not plug&play. Does anyone know a way to FORCE the nvidia drivers to recognize the second monitor?

Thanks,
Mitch
Mitch   2001-02-05 10:16
p.s. - I just tried the 6.49 drivers withe the same results. I also found that if I hook up a different/newer plug&play monitor to the secondary output, it
gets recognized when using the Twinview "scan" function. However, this is not my monitor so I cant use it. I'm stuck with these two non-P&P ones. Is
there perhaps a device out there you can use to emulate a DCC signal to "trick" the video card into seeing this monitor as a P&P?

thanks,
Mitch
Adrian   2001-02-24 21:23
Yeah i have the same problem and am about to try a newer monitor. its so good to hear that someone has got it working. ive been through 3 different brand geforce2 MX twinview cards trying to get the twinview function to work.
sorry i dont know if u can trick the computer into using it as pnp, and i dont think there is a device or adapter available to convert it to pnp either.
:(
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Twinview with non plug&play monitor?