Forums -> Multiple monitors -> TNT2 M64 works only as secondary display ????!!!!
Peter Stuhec   2001-02-05 23:34
Hi,

I have stil an ancient PC :
motherboard - micronics M54Hi
Pentium 166 63MB RAM. I have dual monitor setup with ATI Rage XL and Sparkle TNT2 M64 32MB cards,
under Win98 SE. This works fine but only with the TNT2 card as a secondary card. If I plug in the TNT2 card as a primary adapter then the screen stays black even during booting. I tryed the TNT2 card also alone as the only diplay and the screen also stays black already during booting. The TNT2 card seems to work only as a secondary card.
But I need it as the primary.
Does anybody has any idea what the problem could be and how to solve it ?????????????
I would be glad for any kind of help .

Peter Stuhec
petromb@aol.com
d8ny   2001-04-18 12:01
HI there,

I am about to buy the same exact card (Sparkle Riva TNT-2 M64 32Mb). I guess I have to re-evaluate that now.

I was wondering how you went with it at the end.

Cheers,

d8ny
Alan Dean   2001-04-30 00:09
I have the opposite problem! I want to use an (OEM / Riva)TNT2 M64 PCI for a second monitor in a system with an on-board ATI Rage Pro adapter. Plugging in the TNT2 it becomes primary and the on-board is disabled.
Key to all these problems seems to be the means of enabling and disabling post-VGA on the card. I have totally failed to find the route to this, either via nVidia's (rudimentary) web site, or OEM. The board has as series of jumpers which may or may not be relevant (but must do something!).
Anyone know how (or how to find out) disabling post-VGA on the nVidia TNT2 M64 PCI, or a genuinely useful 'user guide' providing comprehensive config info?

regards, Alan Dean
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> TNT2 M64 works only as secondary display ????!!!!