Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Looking for display card with separate color profiles
CS   2003-10-09 17:52
Hi all, does anybody know of other display cards, besides the Matrox Parhelia, that allow you to assign a separate and independent color profile to the second monitor?

I am trying to set up the second monitor to match the color of the first one, but the ATI Radeon VE card I have sucks and does not support a different color profile for the second monitor.

I would buy the Matrox Parhelia but it is just so expensive! Anybody knows?
ecarlson   2003-10-10 01:18
I can assign seperate color profiles with my PNY NVidia GeForce4 Ti4200 card, so any current dual-out NVidia card should support it.

- Eric www.InvisibleRobot.com
Stefan   2003-10-10 02:06
What OS are you running?With one exception,I never managed to get 2 independent monitor-ICCs under XP.

Stefan
CS   2003-10-10 13:29
I am running WinXP
CS   2003-10-10 20:42
Any opinions on the GeForce dual-display, on their independent dual-display capabilities?
CS   2003-10-10 21:19
Hi does anybody have dual-display independent color profile running using the nViDia GeForce FX or MX440 cards?

The information provided on their website is vague and does not explicitly mention independent color profile capability under WinXP.
Stefan   2003-10-11 03:49
CS,even the Parhelia does not allow you to assign 2 different ICCs under XP.They have some special calibration software,that seems to do some "eyeball-calibration".But if you really want to calibrate your displays with a measurement device,you must be able to install 2 profiles.And that`s simply not possible with any dualhead card under XP.
I`m sure Eric does not use XP!

Stefan
ecarlson   2003-10-11 04:43
I use Windows 2000, and each monitor on my NVidia card has it's own color profile. Windows thinks I have 2 video cards, and each one has it's own completely independent set of settings. I can also set individual color/gamma settings in NView. So I have 2 ways to set seperate color profiles (3 if you count the monitors' settings).

I find it hard (but not impossible) to believe that XP doesn't also support seperate settings.

- Eric www.InvisibleRobot.com
Stefan   2003-10-11 05:55
Eric,
"I can also set individual color/gamma settings in NView".I can do that also.But I CANNOT use 2 ICCs.XP is behaving different from 2000 in this regard.Unbelievable,but true.This has been dicussed to death by wellknown colormanagement -"gurus".

Stefan
CS   2003-10-11 12:09
This is truly unbelievable! Thanks guys for explaining this. What has Microsoft done? They are selling WinXP as "designed for digital photography" but left out this important feature?!

So the only hope now is to buy a PCI card now huh?!
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Looking for display card with separate color profiles