Forums -> Multiple monitors -> A major decision
Tony   2003-10-16 11:39
I'm kinda wondering what the scene heres opinion is. Would you rather have a 3 lcd multimonitor setup...or a 23 inch cinema wide. But also keeping cost and options between the both. Any thoughts are greatful.
Barton   2003-10-16 21:33
Tony,

Just strictly a personal opinion, give me the triple anyday. When I built mine I did it for less than $2000 US and that included the monitors (Viewsonic VP181b's) the stand to hold all three (Ergotron), 3-10' DVI cables (found on eBay). I already had the vido cards. If I had to get those also, the price might be a little higher, depending on the card(s) chosen. With all of the available screen real estate that I now have, I will never go back to a single monitor. Besides, if one or two monitors crap out, I can still keep going.

Afterall, what else would I say. This is a "multi-monitor" forum.

My two cents worth.

Barton
Tony   2003-10-17 14:00
Thanks for the reply. After alot of thought, I have decided to to go with the 3. And been having a blast with it. But also alot in part of Christian and his applications. Just need surround gaming support from Nvidia, and game developers. But 1 monitor dont compare to 3 playing Quake3 or Jedi Outcast.
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> A major decision