Forums -> Multiple monitors -> nVIDIA rules!!! (ATI sucks)
CS   2003-10-16 13:32
From previous posts, you know that I have a ATI Radeon 7000 (VE) and its DVI output to second monitor was blurry and fuzzy.

I just recently bought an nVIDIA GeForce FX5200 with the same dual-display capability. The card comes with a second DVI output too that I am using to run the second monitor. Now my Sony monitors are as sharp as never before, in fact the DVI output is even sharper than the VGA output on the same card!

Shame on ATI making a sub-standard dual-monitor with a DVI output that doesn't work. Just thought you might wanna know.
Gen-I   2003-10-19 13:10
well ... you're comparing a 7000VE to a 5200FX .. it's like shame on LADA mobile for producing sub-standard cars that doesn't compare to my new ferrari :P
i'm using an ATI all in wonder 9600 Pro and the dual display (vga not dvi) works like a charm ... a real pleasure un can play games on either of the screens (not both though :( ) and it's just amazing how the card reacts exactly the same if i use vga 1 or vga 2 as the primary

go buy tourself one of those babies and prepare to throw your 5200 in the nearest garbage can :)

have fun :)
mac   2003-10-20 14:05
the problem its not dvi :P those that have paid for dvi with their lcds want dvi inputs :) i would jump on the ati bandwagon if they made a new radeon that had dual dvi. else i'm sticking with my 5200 too.
cc   2003-10-23 04:38
...i'd rather buy factual benchmarks re: ATI's processing power than to hear your lip over a $99 g.card. rofl.

my 9700 pro smokes a majority of nvidias cards and looks crystal clear.

gg ati. gg hypocritical nvidia fanboy.
zima   2003-10-31 19:30
CS, and how can we even know if this 7000 is BBA? If this is powercolor or something - you've got you answer why...
Jason   2003-11-07 11:43
ATI Ouch. The drivers are allways buggy. I guess you have to look at it like this. Some people like Sony TV's because of the the colors they mix and some people don't. I like Nvidia kinda on the same level. somthing about ATI cards are just diffrent to me. But I don't like how buggy the Drivers are on ATI cards I do know my friend got his 9800 pro and he has had nothing but problems with the drivers. and now he cant even get into the Advance Tab on the properties on the Display adapter. With out it crashing. and its not like he is a low end computer user we just have alot of killer hardware on we benchmark alot of stuff. so Thats pretty crapy driver support. Now Nvidia does spend about 58% more money into Driver R&D than ATI so I think thats why they don't have nearly the same problems Plus I do know some other Information of Nvidia Dev's that is a little shocking to belive that most of there drivers are as stable as they are. Oh well Nvidia cards are killer thr 5950 256 meg card is only about 50.00 more than the 9800 pro 128 meg card right now and I would rather spend the extra 50 for the new fastest card and better drivers.
m2h   2003-11-08 13:52
CS you are funny funny person. I also was a proud owner of an ATI Radeon VE Dual Head. Yup things were blurry, but damn it did the job well for the CDN$80 I plunked down for it new. Then I upgraded to a MSI GeForce4 Ti4200-VDT8X 128MB VIVO Dual head for CDN$375. Of course the clarity sky rocketed. I didn't blame ATI for a sub standard video card. It was just that it was old, and well dirt cheap. The saying goes, you get what you pay for.

Now onto to driver issues. ATI's recent drivers are hella lot more stable and trust worthy then their old drivers. ATI only now has to deal with the stigmatism that they were once known for. I don't think they'll ever get over the 'bad driver' commentary. I don't trust nVidia drivers either. Hell I don't trust any driver by any company. But we all must upgrade them from time to time and take the chance that our once stable system goes kerplunk. LOL. Personally I've been having alot more issues with the nVidia drivers as for 4 or 5 revisions back. Just seems to be adding to a list of problems. I would go back to the older drivers, but some games I like just won't play with out the new drivers. So I'm stuck for now, and can only hope that a fix comes out for the issues I have.

We always here all the bad things about companies, and their products. We rarely hear the good things.
Jason   2003-11-09 12:50
that has alot of truth to it both companys do have problems. But I don't know I like the digital Vibrance control that Nvidia suports. And as for Cat 3.9 drivers they are way to buggy like that new game crome won't even run on it yet. And I thought these 9800 pros were ike DX9 suited. I don't know it looks like ATI has found a way to make the bench marks screem but with the actualy game it seams to be diffrent. But I do know this 4 out of 5 dev's that are working on video games are using Nvidia cards for the base line. Nvidia does work with alot of game companys to adjust there drivers. But ATI has made a really good GPU and also not supplyed the Dev's with the software kits to really take advantage of it. This video card stuff is getting to the point where it will be excatily like Intel VS AMD. and to tell ya the truth I don't ever see the other companys actulay making anything that will blow the others out of the water. Besides I was thinking the otherday about ATI and Nvidia and like how both Chips have found a way on the Home game consoles. Like Xbox for Nvidia and ATI on the gamecube. I have both systems and to tell ya the truth It's really hard to compare these 2 types of systems but just on the coloring on them I don't like the Gamecube. I was looking at it and it really just kinda struck me. I was playing soul caluber 2 on both of them. the greens just looked funnyer on the Nindeno one. Oh well not much diff. but I would like to see ATI to be able to supply the same excatly coloring fetures that Nvidia has to offer because the GPU by spec is a really good card.
LaughingJon   2003-11-10 09:05
hehehe, its funny to see these clashes. At the moment i am sitting down looking at a LG Flatron L1710B and a Iiyama VM Pro 454 running from my 9800 Pro 256 and the clarity is fab on each monitor. Only reason i am actually on this site is cos i am looking for a util which will allow my task bar to expand across both monitors (which my old TI4400 allowed) shame on you ATI. But apart from that i aint had no probs with the latest ATI drivers.

I was an AMD owner i am now a Intel owner. Personally i buy what is best at the time, so this time Intel initially won and now more recently ATI won (hands down) next time who is to say.

pays ya money and takes ya choice kinda like m2h said.

Laters
Jon
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> nVIDIA rules!!! (ATI sucks)