Forums -> Multiple monitors -> 3 VisionTek XTASY 9100 cards for a triple LCD setup.
Chrome   2003-10-23 07:25
I'm putting together a triple LCD setup. I'm wanting to use 3 VisionTek XTASY 9100 cards. They have a Ati Radeon 9100 vpu. I've chosen these cards for their DVI-D output.

The question that I have is, will there be any conflicts using the same 3 models of cards. I've read other post and seen something about certian cards have to be booted to first.

I read the article in the FAQ about "Does card x work as primary/secondary?" The web site shows the Radeon as being a Compatible secondary card.

Can anyone see a reason that these cards might not work together? This will be in a new Dell PC running XP Pro.

Thanks for all the info.
Chrome
ecarlson   2003-10-23 13:10
I assume you know you can only have one AGP card, so the 2nd and 3rd cards (or all 3) must be PCI. Are you doing 3D gaming? If not, you might want to look into dual-DVI cards. One advantage to using matching cards is that you only need one set of drivers. As far as I know, matching cards is a great way to go. I used matched NVidia based cards at work, though one is AGP, and one PCI. At home I use a dual-out AGP NVidia card.

- Eric www.InvisibleRobot.com
Chrome   2003-10-27 04:34
Yeah I'm looking at 1 agp and 2 pci.
I wanted to use matching cards hoping that it would make things simpler.

I'm not going to be doing any gaming on here.
Right now I'm running a matrox g400. I don't like the way that when you maximize a window, it covers both monitors. Thats one of the reasons that I'm going with multiple cards. And with these cards, I can run up to 6 monitors.

The price was good also. $41.00 for the pci, $79 for the agp. Plus a $20 rebate on the agp.

Chrome
ecarlson   2003-10-27 10:59
Good prices. My dual-out NVidia acts as two seperate cards for all intents and purposes (if you're not 3D gaming), but for those prices, why not use 3 cards.

- Eric www.InvisibleRobot.com
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> 3 VisionTek XTASY 9100 cards for a triple LCD setup.