Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Dual desktops, not horizontal span. How?
Nik   2003-10-25 21:42
I have an FX5200 running Detonator 44.03. How do I get dual desktops, ie start bar on only one of them and individual wallpapers. The horizontal span option stretches wallpaper and start bar.
Barton   2003-10-25 22:20
Enable the other monitor(s) so the horizontal span option is not available. In other words, in the display properties on the "Settings" tab, select a monitor other than the primary monitor and then check the bol labeled "Extend my Windows desktop onto this monitor." This is assuming that your running XPPro since you did not provide any of your system information in your post.

Barton
Matz   2003-10-27 00:36
Hi, i got the same card. If you go in on the display properties then settings tab, click ADVANCED, and goto GeForce5200 tab, go down to desktop utilities and there is a check box to enable dualview. This is how to set up the dual moitor like you want. It asks for restart, then when you go back into display properties you will have the two monitors showing.

this did my head in for hours till i found that little checkbox, there should have been better documentation, also, i think there may be propblems with the quality of display if you ruin monitors at different resolutions, but not sure, still trying to find out more info on all this...

:)

tg4J
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Dual desktops, not horizontal span. How?