Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Dual Monitor
Kerry   2003-11-02 14:34
I recently installed a GeForce FX 5200 Graphics Card PCI, specifically for the dual monitor function. Ocassionally my computer freezes in the middle of an application or while on the internet. I also get error messages in Kernel32.Dll and error messages when I am in certain applications. I have Zone Alarm 4.0, and when I close it, the error messages stop, but the computer still freezes up and I have to hard boot. Help!
ecarlson   2003-11-03 13:55
Not that I have any answers, since I haven't had those problems, but what OS are you using, and are all the latest patches installed, and which drivers are you using? Is your power supply strong enough for your system? Is anything overheating? Any airflow issues inside the case, especially near the video card? Do you have the latest BIOS on your motherboard? Have you tried reseating all your cards, connectors, and memory modules? Are all your fans free of dust?

Is your anti-virus software up to date, and have you used a program like SpyBotSD to remove any ad/spyware?

Have you cleaned out your TEMP files and defragged your hard drive(s)?

What about your other drivers (sound, etc.), are they all up to date, and are there any patches for the apps you use?

- Eric www.InvisibleRobot.com
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Dual Monitor