Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Disable scrolling?
S. Maigaard   2003-11-10 17:51
I run an extended desktop on an ATI Mobility Radeon 7500 on an IBM Thinkpad T40. It works fine, but the ATI card will not allow different resolutions on the two monitors.
Since one is an external TFT with native 1280x1024 and the other the built-in TFT at 1024-768, I would prefer to run at 1280x1024 x 2. This works, but then the laptop TFT scrolls around the desktop (of course).
Now, is there a utility available to "lock" it to a specific portion of the desktop? I could then run a program (Outlook) at 1024x768 within this area of the 1280x1024 desktop and not have it scrolling around while at the same time enjoying the full resolution of the external display.

TIA,

- Soren
m2h   2003-11-10 18:14
I know the nVidia drivers support locking the screen. I don't know if the ATI driver do. I would think it would, since their settings are usually closesly matched, just labelled differently. Do a little probing in your ATI control panel. You might find something. Does ATI still supply HydraVision? I would expect a setting like that would be in there.
S. Maigaard   2003-11-10 23:51
That is exactly what I am looking for.
But I checked my ATI control panel and help files but cannot find anything about this.

Anyone know of an add-on program that can do this if it isn't in my ATI drivers for the Thinkpad?

(This is a Windows 2000 Pro system btw)

TIA,

- Soren
S. Maigaard   2003-11-10 23:54
Just a note: I also installed HydraVision but it doesn't seem to have this feature either...

- Soren
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Disable scrolling?