Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Watch Video while playing
lev   2003-11-16 05:45
Is there any possible way to run game or other full screen application while watching a movie on secondary monitor?
dem   2003-11-16 19:46
also interested in the answer (if there is one) to this question... :)
Christian Studer   2003-11-17 02:43
Works fine for me, I used PowerDVD 4 on a secondary monitor (fullscreen) and UT2003 on the primary monitor.

Some things to keep in mind:

- you'll need a DVD player which can run fullscreen on secondary monitors. The FAQ lists some additional players which support this

- you might have to run the game at the desktop resolution of the primary monitor, or change the resolution before starting the DVD player. For example PowerDVD will no longer display the video if the game changes display resolution

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Inanimate   2003-12-14 22:19
Messing around with this my self, the big hurdle I have encounter on a one card 2 monitor setup is that it doesn't like both monitors trying to use direct x. I am now investigating video players that support non-dx playback
Christian Studer   2003-12-15 07:05
That should work fine, maybe it's a driver issue. I used a dualhead card (Nvidia Quadro NVS) when I tested this.

Make sure you start the video on the secondary monitor, not on the primary and then move it over. With some players this won't work.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Abs   2003-12-19 12:50
i have tried to run a game while watching video at the same time using WMP9 but as soon as i go into my game the video turns into a black screen and all i get is the sound, but the game runs fine.
Cyntech   2005-10-17 15:21
The Issue I have is with wmv files. avi's work fine will playing a game, but a wmv locks it up. As stated above, it could be a directx issue, but unsure of how to get around
1000   2005-10-19 11:14
The best solution for video whilst playing is 2 graphics cards to 2 monitors.

Depending on the video source and gaming engine you will get varied results with 1 card to 2 monitors.

Also, if you do want to be able to game on display 1 and video on display 2 it's best to set the refresh rate of both displays to the same refresh rate. On my system I find that if the refresh rates aren't the same I get no video through players such as PowerDVD4,5 etc.

Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Watch Video while playing