Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Matrox Millenium II PCI Dual Head Questions
gospeedracergo1   2001-02-14 07:29
First of, hear's what I want to do do: Set up a tri monitor setup with a GeForce DDR as the primary card and some pci dual head type card driving the second and thrid monitor. Both of the secondary monitors are small and low quality (hax res of 640x480), so I'm looking for the lowest rung for the second card, anything else would be a waste of money. There are about a dozen auctions on ebay selling a dualhead Matrox Millemnium II (here's one). I wasn't aware there was such a card, so checked Matrox's website, and they were no where to be found. So, does anyone know if dual head Millienium II's even exist, and if so, will they work as secondary cards?
Christian Studer   2001-02-20 08:45
There are no dualhead Millennium II cards, but the card will work fine as secondary. Just get two of them for your 3-monitor system.

Christian Studer
www.realtimesoft.com
dg031967   2002-05-07 13:47
I have a dual setup with the Matrox Millenium II as the primary......but can't get it going with as a secondary.......would like the Stealth III to be the main card.......when I switch my mb bios to see the AGP card first the MIllenium II won't wake up.......so I just use it in dual mode when I'm working and single when I game......kind of a pain....so if any body
has any suggestions , it would be GREATLY appreciated......Thanks for any info on the subject....

D. Gallardo
Nite   2002-05-07 17:35
Gallardo, which windows version are you running? In W2k/XP there's and option in the display properties "Use this display as primary".

Although on Win9x, if you switch AGP as primary in BIOS, it should still see the PCI card...

hmm.

\Nite - "can't rain all the time"
Multi-Monitor Gaming Web
Fargis   2002-05-10 01:13
gospeedracergo1:

Beware! This may not affect you, but it's worth a mention anyway as it could prevent you wasting time. I could never get my AGP GeForce256 DDR to work with any kind of PCI Matrox Millenium card under Windows 98. They do however, work together under Windows 2000 and XP, which is nice. The most i tried was two Milleniums + GeForce, so you should be OK. As for dual-head PCI cards, i recently acquired an ELSA Gladiac 511 which works nicely alongside the GeForce. It may be worth purchasing something similar, with a view to also upgrading your monitors in the future?

dg031967:

Have you tried the PCI card in a different slot? Check for IRQ/DMA conflicts too. It should work either way round in theory (either one as primary). Curious! You may need to reload the drivers and/or allow Windows to redetect the cards (remove both drivers, shut down, remove pci card, boot up to redetect agp, shut down, put pci card back, and boot again to redetect that one). Don't forget to grab the most recent drivers from each manufacturer's websites.

Maybe the Stealth is reserving some area of memory that the Millenium needs. Not entirely sure. I think Milleniums like IRQ 10 or 11.
DS   2002-06-22 22:20
I have tried for _hours_ to get a Matrox Millenium II card to work as a secdery card to a kyro II based card. But, no luck. No matter how many times i changed the drivers, PCI slot it was it, etc... it just gave me a completly blank screen. The attached monitor didn't even flicker at power on, it was like the monitor was disconecced. But, if I set the pci card as primary in BIOS, it work as priamry; so i know it was not faulty. Anyway, i gave up, and used a very old cirrus logic card as the secondery.
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Matrox Millenium II PCI Dual Head Questions