Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Village Tronic VTBook review
Christian Studer   2003-12-03 02:27
I have reviewed the VTBook PCMCIA video card from Village Tronic. This is a new PCMCIA video card with 32 MB RAM, 3D acceleration and support for video overlays.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Jeff Winkler   2006-04-13 06:41
Hi,
I've got a Thinkpad z60m, and am using its external video to drive a Dell 24' monitor.
If I get the VTBook card, Windows will recognize the additional monitor and give me 3 (including built-in LCD?)
Jeff
Christian Studer   2006-04-13 07:03
That's correct, you'll get a total of 3 monitors.

Jeff Winkler   2006-04-13 07:26
Great! Think the last time I had 3 monitors was on a Mac in the 80's :)

This forum/site is a great resource.

Question: I've noticed a few apps don't check monitor geometry on startup, and comeup offscreen. Alt-space-Move can be used to fix this, but you have to guess where the window is. Does UltraMon have any functionality to 'rescue' offscreen windows?

Thanks
Christian Studer   2006-04-14 09:03
Currently there's no direct support for this, but if you have configured a Move Window hotkey (UltraMon Options > Hotkeys) you should also be able to move them back to the desktop with the hotkey.

geekster   2007-03-10 15:03
question.. im running a panasonic CF-M34 MILIATARY GRADE TOUGHBOOK ( its a teeny, tiny..very cool noteook ) its running p3-866 - 512mb ram - 100g hdd
firewire, usb2.0 - hi power 400mw internal mini pci wifi g module - dual boot w2000 - win xp pro -- its actually screamin fast lil pc..runs xp as fast as any new machine... it has waterproof lighted keyboard..and nice tft display (touchscreen too)
and it has major cool factor look.. but it has one drawaback ive not yet conquered ... 4mb video card,
albeit a silicon motion lxnyEM + Which is a pretty powerfull video chip.. its about 6mb shy of running
on screen tv from my ati usb tv2.0 .... do you think
adding the VT BOOK PCMCIA CARD can offer me any
advantages...im wondering if i can install it as my main video card by installing it and disabling my onboard integraged card in device manager..?
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Village Tronic VTBook review