Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Dual cards w/o pci bios setting?
Mitch   2001-02-16 03:14
After not being able to get my pair of Elsa synergy cards to work in W2k (worked fine in NT) I keep hearing that Win2k needs the PCI set as the primary video boot option in my Bios to work with 2 cards. However, I cannot find an option for this in my Bios (Dell Precesion 410)....and I fear that this is due to the design of the motherboard and is not possible. Does this mean that there is NO WAY I will every get ANY pair of video cards to work in Win2k? Or is this simply an issue with older cards, and maybe new cards (like nvidia geforce2mx) don't care what the video boot order is set to? Is there anyone out there who has gotten 2 cards to work in Win2k without setting the pci video as primary?

Thanks,
Mitch
Christian Studer   2001-02-16 08:10
This is only necessary to get some older PCI cards to work, see the FAQ for more information.

I'm using the AGP as primary in BIOS myself, no problems with Win2000 and my 3 monitors.

BTW, are you using the original Elsa Synergy with the Permedia 2 chipset? These should work fine...

Christian Studer
www.realtimesoft.com
Mitch   2001-02-20 05:04
Well, my old permedia2 cards would NOT work in Win2k, even though I used them for years under NT4 in the same box. However, the pci MX card arrived today and everything works FLAWLESSLY! Much better than Nvidias Twinview management. I'm now off to download Ultramon to give it a rip. From what I hear it's well worth the $15.

-Mitch
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Dual cards w/o pci bios setting?