Forums -> Multiple monitors -> nVidia: two cards, 1 monitor & 1 tv out.
Luis Lavena   2003-12-13 08:07
Hello,

I've been trying to get this working, without success.

I have two nvidia cards:

AGP: Riva TNT2 32MB
PCI: GeForce4 MX440 64MB with TV-Out (MV chip).

I'm trying to get:

The output from ACP card connected to the only minitor (VGA 800x600).

The second display (the generated by PCI card) output @ 720x576 (PAL) on TV-out, no VGA connected. This display "extends" the primary desktop.

All running on Windows 2000 Pro SP3

Tried get both cards working, without luck.

The nVidia setting tab (added to the advanced display settings window) just show me the TV-out for the TNT2 card, when the GeForce is equiped with the chip... wierd, isn't?

Exist any kind of tutorial or way to get this scenario working?

Thanks in advance,

Luis Lavena
ecarlson   2003-12-13 12:38
Maybe you should ditch the Riva, and hook both the monitor and the TV up to the GeForce 4 card. Then everything should work fine.

- Eric www.InvisibleRobot.com
Luis Lavena   2003-12-13 16:17
Thanks for your suggestion.

I should configure it to be dual-view, setting the 2nd display to PAL and 720x576 resolution, right?

I have other sceneario that need to accomplish: two different tv-outs, I was thinking: an GeForce4 AGP and a PCI one, both with Clone mode (don't need a local VGA connected there).

That sounds correct?

Thanks again for your time.

Luis Lavena
ecarlson   2003-12-14 03:24
That sounds like it would work, but I haven't tested it.

ecarlson   2003-12-14 03:32
If you want 2 TV's with the same display, you can use one output, and connect a video signal splitter to send the signal to both TV's.

RadioShack has a unit with 4 outputs for $43us. They probably have something similar for PAL (or maybe this one will work).

4-Way A/V Distribution Amplifier (www.RadioShack.com Part # 15-1172, in case the link doesn't work).

Luis Lavena   2003-12-14 03:47
Actually, I want two different displays.

Is for some kind of stock-exchange display (realtime).

It uses now two 17" CRT, and wanted to change to tv and distribute the signal on the office.

I have already a video signal splitter and amplifier (to cover longer distances).

Thanks for your suggestion and your time.

Excuse my poor english.

Luis Lavena
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> nVidia: two cards, 1 monitor & 1 tv out.