Forums -> Multiple monitors -> 2 Ati cards
Don   2003-12-19 22:37
Hi I am using a computer at my church to display power point onto a TV. I have been using it well for a few months and the comp recently crashed. Well I am trying to get the display settings to enable the second display but every time I click apply after I click enable it reverts back to disabled. I have one ati card that is agp and one that is pci. I did not build this system so it is unfamiliar. I believe they are both 8 Meg cards. I am running win 98se. When I boot the computer it display the message that I have installed the drivers correctly on that TV and that I need to change the setting so I can see the desktop. Any ideas short of new equipment would be great. Thanks
mac   2003-12-24 05:08
ugh, win98 gets ugly with display drivers sometimes. i remember it being a pain. i'm not really sure what to do to be honest. i think it tried uninstalling the drivers and reinstalling them. or removing the 2nd card all together first, then reinstalling everything from scratch. if it worked once, its possible to get it working again but you may have to start from the beginning.
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> 2 Ati cards