Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Unreal Tournament on 3 Monitors
BATMAN   2003-12-22 06:59
Does anybody know how to configure Unreal Tournament on 3 monitors. I am using ATI 9000 PRO 128MB video card for 2 of my monitors, and for the primary one I am using ATI 7000 64MB card. Check out my config: Config 5743.

thanks guys
Tony   2003-12-22 13:06
I was able to view Unreal Tournament on 2 monitors more successfully than three. When with three, the third card (in this was the one PCI card), the game ran too slow to be anywhere near enjoyable.

First step is to enable OpenGL rather than DirectX. Next set the game to run in a window. Then finally move and stretch the screen accordingly with your mouse. The same can be done w/ Unreal Tournament 2003, however, I had to use some tweak program to get it to use OpenGL rather than DirectX.

You can get other games to run this way considering they'll run OpenGL in a windowed mode.

My rig I ran it on:
Pentium 4c 3.0ghz (800mhz fsb)
Asus P4C800 Deluxe
2gb DDR400
ATI Radeon 9800XT 256mb (AGP)
ATI Radeon 9200 SE 128mb (PCI)
BATMAN   2003-12-23 01:31
Cool...I shall try that...sweet setup BTW. Thanks again
Tony   2003-12-24 03:07
Good luck and let me know how it goes!

If anyone else finds a better way (like to get full screen w/ ATI cards), I'm sure we'd all love to know...

I know I'm still searching for some way.
Ewano   2004-01-23 04:21
Hi Tony,

I notice you are using an AGP 9800 and a PCI 9200 in your system, I'm trying to do something similar, but I'm having massive problems.

I'm trying to run a 9700 with a 9200 but I'm getting the code (10) error. Have tried setting the PCI card to primary, and I'm going to have a fiddle with some BIOS settings to see if I can get it to boot.

I just wondered if you'd had any problems setting up your system and if so how you got round them.

Hope you read this, but I'll be posting a fuller description in it's own post.
Tony   2004-01-24 01:12
I was also getting fatal exception errors until I set the resolution down to 800x600 on all monitors. That's how it became anywhere near possible to check out. Unfortunately the other thing that'll happen is the fps will drop dramatically to 7 or 5 fps. It ran flawless on two monitors (say for you the 9700) at my native resolution (1280x1024) and can get 60-80 fps that way.

Make sure that the video drivers for each seperate card match each other and are the latest versions. Because they come up as two seperate adapters, you'll have to check this as they are dependant of each other. Device Manager can help there with determining that.

Believe it or not, I found that even when I uninstalled the older ATI drivers to install the newer ones, the drivers were still one step behind. I didn't catch it right away because the catalyst versions always seem to be ok.

I'm actually thinking of getting the Matrox Parhelia 256 AGP card to really get the surround gaming effect. Anyone using that yet?

Good luck!
Ewano   2004-01-24 01:41
This is a fresh install, so I've only got the latest set of drivers. No conflicts.

Did you have to fiddle with the bios to get your cards to initialise properly?

If you have a look at this thread, you'll see the full listing of my problem. Any help or background info about your system you can post there may be of great help.

Ta mate.
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Unreal Tournament on 3 Monitors