Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Dual Displays with radeon 9700np
Gustav   2003-12-23 02:40
Hi
I have a problem, I'm trying to set up a dual monitor setup for my computer.
I have a dvi to vga adapter, and i've set up the system in windows (I THINK)
There are two monitors in settings and I can disable and enable them, but the monitor connected to the dvi output wont work. and I know the adapter works (tested it).
if i pullout the cable the monitor says no signal if I put it in it stops saying no signal but its black.
i cant figure out why it wont work!

I have a Radeon 9700 np Wondows xp. Catalyst 3.10.
ecarlson   2003-12-23 14:18
Are you sure the DVI output of the card is a DVI-I output?

- Eric www.InvisibleRobot.com
Gustav   2003-12-23 18:47
yes im sure
and i have the right adapter, could it be a fault in the card bios? how do I flash it?
transcend   2003-12-24 03:43
check the adapter. make sure it works. a pin could be broken on the adapter. a black screen appearing doesn't necessarily means the adapter works.
fraggle   2004-01-16 01:36
Same here, Monitor works definetly (bootscreens), but always goes to sleep when XP comes up.
Cannot install a driver for 2nd Monitor, cos its grayed out in Prefs. Add Hardware doesnt allow me to add an .inf.
Both monitors worked perfect togethter until i installed Ati Catalyst3.10.
Even Reinstallation (with format) of XP didnt work out!!!!!!!!
Lichtje   2004-01-16 04:05
With ati's driver i could enable the second monitor in windows, but my primairy one was suddenly secondary and i still didnt had picture on the second one. (really hard to disable it, since the display properties were on the primairy screen (that was blank ;))

I fixed by installing the omega drivers (although now all of sudden it thinks my secondary monitor (crt with dvi2vga adapter) is a fpd, which doesnt work at all :()

Did work in the beginning though. Maybe its worth a try?

omega drivers @ http://www.omegacorner.com
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Dual Displays with radeon 9700np