Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Quadro Multiple Monitor Detection Problem
DMC   2003-12-23 11:16
Hi,

I'm running a Dell 3ghz workstation with a Quadro FX card to provide clone mode output to two LCD projectors in a large lecture hall.

However, my problem is that, due to the fact that both connections must go through some proprietary circuitry (a signal booster at the least), Windows is incapable of detecting the second LCD once it's plugged in, no matter which one it is. Furthermore, if I bring down a third LCD projector and put it on top of the workstation and connect it directly (to the second monitor output, a DVI with a DVI->VGA converter on it) it works perfectly fine to give stereo - even if I disconnect the local one and plug the other remote one in, it works (i.e. I can have both remote ones working as long as I boot windows with the local one and then hotswap them) so it's clearly only a problem of getting Windows to accept that there is actually a monitor/LCD connected.

Does anybody have any ideas on how I can force windows to accept that there's a second monitor? Adding new hardware doesn't work, nor does connecting the local one, then swapping and then turning it off - it then thinks there's no longer a monitor there the next time it boots up.

Thanks to anybody who can help.
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Quadro Multiple Monitor Detection Problem