Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Using a Voodoo3 3000 PCI As a Secondary Video Display Adapter
John Teemley   2001-02-18 09:06
Dear Forum

I have a quick newbie question about using a Voodoo3 3000 PCI video card as my secondary video card. I did visit the database and forum before posting this question, but didn't find an answer matching my specific needs (I think).

My current system contains a Nvidia GeForce2 video card in the AGP slot, but I want to run some older games (Tomb Raider 1) that could use the Glide API available with a Voodoo3 3000 PCI video card. My goal is not to use the cards simultaneously, but to have an the Glide API available occasionally.

Can the Voodoo3 happily co-exist with the Geforce2 on the same system? While I do not intend to run both cards simultaneously, I was hoping that I could switch between these cards by simply moving the monitor cable between the two video card output ports and then disabling the card that I'm not currently using in the system hardware profile under control panel.

Is this possible? Am I hoping for too much?
Thanks much.

John Teemley
es150@erols.com
Christian Studer   2001-02-20 08:40
If you have a multi-monitor capable system (Win98/Me/2000), this shouldn't be a problem. You don't even need different hardware profiles, just disable the Voodoo3 from Display Properties when you don't need it, then enable it to play a game. As far as I know, Glide games will run on the Voodoo3 even if it isn't the primary card (have never tried this myself though).

Christian Studer
www.realtimesoft.com
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Using a Voodoo3 3000 PCI As a Secondary Video Display Adapter