Forums -> Multiple monitors -> i just want to watch video!
Abs   2003-12-25 09:00
when i try to setup a fullscreen video on the secondary monitor and run another full screen app on the first (a game) the video always goes black - its still running,because i can hear the sound and when i come out of the game the video has moved on to a different place, but when im playing the video just goes black. i've tried using fullscreen and windowed video and all four players reccomended in the FAQ, but nothing works :(. any ideas?
Sheeba   2003-12-31 03:05
I also have this problem, but nothing i've tried fixed it. i think its a limitation of Windows.
Dave   2004-01-04 14:11
I too have this problem on our system at church. Powerpoint and EasyWorship work great but Media Player 9 and the DVD software give me a black screen on the second monitor. I get the media player skin, but no video. If you can help I sure would appreciate it.

Thanks.

Dave
Wesley   2004-01-27 05:14
i had this problem once, i got rid of it by update the nvidia driver, its working now
trunksgt   2004-02-01 13:34
most cards do not allow dual overlays (video) on both screens at the same time, if at all
this is most likely your problem, you need a video card that supports overlays on both monitors
i just tried fulle screen media player on 1 monitor, and full screen powerdvd on the other.. both play fine
but i have a Quadro4 which has no overlay restraints
discord   2004-02-01 18:42
I have an hp with a GF4MX on board with two VGA ports in the back. I am able two watch a video on each monitor but cannot stretch a video across both monitors. Even if the hardware does not support this it seems to me that there should be some way to create a hack which would allow this. Could someone more technically oriented explain to me if this is possible or not and what the restraint is that is not allowing me to stretch the video across both displays? anyone, maybe the creators of ultramon if i'm lucky? :D
Chov   2004-02-02 08:27
You can disable overlays and video mixing.

In windows media player:
TOOLS > OPTIONS > PERFORMANCE > VIDEO ACCELERATION > NONE
Seahorse   2004-02-05 05:26
It took me a while to solve this problem, but if you are using an NVida based graphics card, here is how to do it:

Right click desktop. Select proerties, settings, advanced, GeForce tab. Change nView mode to Horizontal span - this tell the machine you have on giant monitor. It is also quicker running than Dual View, which is what most people have it set on.

You do need to enable application settings if you want IE on monitor one & Outlook on No 2.

I now watch DVDs etc accross both, Dual View doesn't let you...

Rgds
Mike
Dead-Fish, deep sea daddies...
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> i just want to watch video!