Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Quadro4 900XGL(AGP) and Quadro NVS 400(PCI) problems
Chris   2003-12-28 14:30
I have a Dell Precision 650 workstation with an nvidia (AGP) 900XGL card running dual DVI outputs to Dell 1900FP's. This came from dell factory installed and has been working great.

I would like to expand it to 3 or more montiors so I did some initial research and found the quadro NVS 400 (PCI) as it can do 4 monitors. So I bought it and another 1900FP monitor and I popped the PCI card in leaving the AGP card in as is, then restarted. I see the card in device manager ok no errors, and I see the monitor in the display settings, however there is nothing being displayed, i have tried both inputs to make sure I had it hooked up to the right output, to no avail.

I have also tried totally removing the AGP card, leaving PCI in (adjusting initial output to Auto in Dell BIOS), upon reboot, I dont see the Dell bios screen. I am running the latest BIOS firmware from Dell.

Anyone have advice?
Peter   2004-09-01 01:01
I'm in the same situation. I have a precision 650 that I replaced the NVS 280 Agp with a PCI NVS 400 card and am getting no display. I've used the 6111 version drivers too.
Peter   2004-09-01 04:58
Got it all to work. First off, you need to connect the boot monitors to the second connector. The bios post will go to both of them.
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Quadro4 900XGL(AGP) and Quadro NVS 400(PCI) problems