Forums -> Multiple monitors -> HELP!! ATI Radeon 7500 w/ Dual Monitors
TransAmGuy   2004-01-06 03:33
Hello all.

I have a problem with Windows 2000 showing a dual monitor setup under Control Panel - Display - Settings. I only shows one monitor, even though I have one 21" and one 19" monitor hooked up to the video card. The options of "Extend my Windows Desktop onto this monitor" and "Use this device as my primary monitor" do not show up, even though the software seems to recognize multiple monitors. On the video card, one output is the standard VGA hookup and the other is a DIVX output, but the card came with an adapter for that one. I loaded all the drivers and software that came with the video card and the software recognizes two monitors. However, I want to be able to "Extend my Desktop" instead of being one large monitor. For those who have had this problem, you'll know what I am talking about....hopefully. I've searched the web and ATI's web site, but everything ATI lists for a solution is for a Windows 98 setup. Dare I try that solution?? I don't think so. The other problem is that all pop-up menus from every software I have loaded slowly fades in now instead of just popping up like it used to.

If ANYone has had this problem, please let me know what you did to correct it. I have a dual 19" monitor setup at work, which has no problem running as fast as I want and it's an NVIDIA Quadro FX 500 with one standard VGA output and a DIVX output with adapter. So, having one system that runs perfectly fine and one that doesn't is about to drive me nuts!!!! So, any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!

Thanks!!
ecarlson   2004-01-06 12:40
Did you search the forums for references to that video card, and did you search the database for anyone running Win2K with dual monitors using only that card? Did you try the latest drivers? I only have NVidia cards at work and at home, so I don't have any ATI-specific answers.

PS: It's DVI, not DIVX: DIVX is something entirely different.

- Eric www.InvisibleRobot.com
cpl   2004-02-09 06:13
Doesny your envidia card support multiple separate simultaneous outputs, whereas the ati card is EITHER DVI out of VGA out, not both simultaneously.
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> HELP!! ATI Radeon 7500 w/ Dual Monitors