Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Nvidia drivers has missing driver files.
Mark   2001-02-21 00:47
I installed my second video card, its a Nvidia TNT2, but after installing the drivers, windows 'systems manager' says the device has problems with the drivers. I then scroll down the long list of driver files that were installed and see about a dozen missing files out of about 30 or 40 files. No other problems, except that windows98 does not recognize the second video card. I have installed both, the vendor provided drivers, then I downloaded fresh drivers, but got the same symptoms.

I have installed drivers in the past and do not know why windows is not recognizing my card. Is it because of the missing driver files? I think that is normal because there were no errors during the driver install process each time. Any ideas? I am completely stumped and need advise. I spent 4 hours installing over and over and fiddleing with this last night. I am ready to give up. Please help.

I have read all the web doc for multimon installs. I have a SIS63XX primary AGP card, and this Nvidia PCI is the second card. Bios is configured to use AGP first.

Win98 SE, AMD-400, VIA chipset.
Christian Studer   2001-02-27 08:41
Have you tried the reference drivers from Nvidia? I never had problems with those (at least not major ones...).

Christian Studer
www.realtimesoft.com
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Nvidia drivers has missing driver files.