Forums -> Multiple monitors -> List of games supporting multi monitor.
alfred   2004-01-11 10:08
As far as i know, there s only quake, unreal tournament and flight simulator. (But many more for the matrox).

Where can i find an exhaustive list of games supporting multi-monitor ? (for ATI and N-vidia of course)
mindabsence   2004-01-14 05:30
I'm not sure where you can find a list but I know with my Nvidia card if I set the desktop to horizontal span about 50% of my games when I start them up have all the regular one monitor res's but then they also have stretched ones ie. 2048x768. I have also tried some of the matrox lists and been able to tweak the games like they say and get it to work.

Hope that helps!
DelPHiuM   2004-01-20 00:15
pritty much any game that supports windowed openGL mode will work across 3 screens but performance has a great deal to play - low framerates.
this can b solved by lowering ur in game gfx settings. when useing the nvidia cards with latest drivers open nView desktop manager -> userinterface tab -> windows and application -> "show button for full-desktop maximize"
with this option u will find that u can get more compatability with any openGL rogram.
XERiON   2004-01-20 04:57
X2 - The Threat has multimonitor support and a lot of options for it using latest patch
Rick_Terminal   2004-02-12 10:56
I can't see any options for multi-monitor support in X2 - is this only on NVid cards?
Rick_Terminal   2004-02-12 12:09
I'll answer my own question here...

A little bit of research has show that there is a difference between the ATi and Nvid cards -

short answer is that the multi monitor is Matrox or NVidea only.

Now, if you want to know why:

The NVidea/Matrox cards literally draw everything twice (once for each monitor), and so 'wraps' the image over the two screens. This is handy for this use, but in practice far too slow due to the amount of information the cards must process.

The ATi card simulates the machine having two seperate graphics cards - unfortunately, Direct X can only control one 'accelerator' at a time - i.e. one screen can be direct x 3d, the other will be the windows GUI.

If anyone else is really knowledgable about this subject, feel free to correct me if I've gotten it wrong!

What a shame for us ATI peeps - and how choppy for the Matrox/NVid lot :(
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> List of games supporting multi monitor.