Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Basic question!
Bob   2004-01-11 12:41
I would like to set up a second monitor without getting a new card at this moment but I am not sure if this is possible at all with my NVIDIA GeForce 2 MX card. It has 1 x VGA, 1 x S video and 1 x Composite outputs. Initially I thought I could convert S-video to VGA but it looks like this is not possible. The question is if I set up a TV to my S-video can I use it as a second monitor really?? I mean can I use some applications and programs in my monitor and different ones in my TV at the same time and go between them quickly?? Is this possible or TV can be used only for video and games?? TIA

Bob
ecarlson   2004-01-12 13:00
If your card supports dual simultaneous and separate outputs, then you can run apps on the TV too, but keep in mind that a TV is very low resolution, even if your TV has SVideo inputs.

- Eric www.InvisibleRobot.com
Bob   2004-01-12 13:18
Thanks. You are right> I have just tried my TV as a second monitor using S-video output and resolution is not really great. It looks like I will have to get a new card and second monitor after all. ??? Options, options again...If I add a new dual monitor card would I have to take this old card out?? Any suggestions about cards??

Bob
ecarlson   2004-01-13 12:59
Your best bet is to read throught the messages here, read the FAQ, and whatever else you can find here. You should be able to answer all your questions, and learn some valuable information that way.

- Eric www.InvisibleRobot.com
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Basic question!