Forums -> Multiple monitors -> splitting a component video signal into 4 tv display (4 quadrant)
TheBigDOg   2004-01-20 13:10
Hi, I know that this is not exactly a multi-monitor quesiton, however this is the closest forum I can find to the topic of my interest...so here it goes...

I'm looking for a breakout box that can take a composite video signal (or s-video) and split it into 4 quadrants, with each quadrant being output to a TV (a total of 4 TVs arranged in a 2X2 matrix fashion to display the entire original image) Does anybody know if such device exists? I know that the alternative is to get a quad output video card w/ a video input capabilities and feed the video signal into the computer. But I am trying to simplify things if possible. Can somebody help?
ecarlson   2004-01-21 12:51
I'm not aware of such a device, but if you are dividing a regular TV signal among 4 monitors, I hope people are going to be viewing it from far away, because each screen will be at a very low resolution. TV is already at a very low resolution, so it would be pretty bad at 1/4 the resolution on each screen.

- Eric www.InvisibleRobot.com
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> splitting a component video signal into 4 tv display (4 quadrant)