Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Dual Monitors plus TV = Confused
Koert   2004-01-20 16:08
Hi,

I've been successfully using UltraMon for some time now - works great with my Nvidia GeForce FX5200 and two LCD monitors (both at 1280 X 1024, one digital, one VGA).

Now I would like to use the Nvidia S-video output to watch videos on a TV and I'm not sure exactly what I'm aiming for. Right now, videos automatically run full screen on my second LCD monitor. Is it possible to have the TV display a clone of that monitor at the same time, or can only two images be going at once?

If only two images (either two LCD's or one LCD + TV) can be shown at once, do I need to unplug cables and reboot every time I want to watch a video on TV? That was the only way I could get the TV to be recognized by the Nvidia card.

I tried using TVTool, which looked like the ticket, but it didn't recognize the TV while the other monitors are plugged in (didn't take the time tonight to try all the unplugging and rebooting variables). The TVTool switch from "TV Mode" to "Work Mode" looked like exactly what I need, but it didn't set up as automatically as I had hoped. Is there a problem with my monitor resolution at 1280 X 1024? TVTool brought it down to 1024 X 768.

My other concern is that I now have both Ultramon and NVidia's NView running. With TVTool, that's three programs with quite a bit of overlap. Should I (or can I) eliminate NVidia's software and use UltraMon and TVTool together? Or will UltraMon handle the TV output by itself?

If anyone has any suggestions, I'd be very grateful as this has me stumped.
ecarlson   2004-01-21 12:55
Thanks. I was waiting for someone to try TVTool and post the results. It sounds like an interesting program. I'm not sure why it lowered your monitor resolution, but of course, your TV resolution will have to be a lot lower than even 1024x768. If you get it working better, please let us know.

- Eric www.InvisibleRobot.com
wbarber69   2004-02-05 21:21
normally your tv is going to run at 800x600 and thats as high as it goes, tv tool is a good way to make videos play directly to tv, or you can have them open fullscreen with various other players out there, as long as you have a decent video card and enough memory you should be fine
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Dual Monitors plus TV = Confused