Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Is it possible to a supermario move on the mouse with UltraMon?
mescon   2004-02-04 01:32
Hey!
Is it possible to do a "Super Mario" with the mouse in UltraMon?

I have three monitors, all 21" running 1600x1200... due to my graphic design needs I have a rather low sensitivity on my mouse... having to drag the mouse several times over the mousepad can be quite frustrating, so...

Anyway, If I move my mouse to the far end of my left screen, and continue to pull it left, I want it to show up on the far right side of my right screen... know what I mean?

A feature I would VERY much appreciate!
Perhaps its already possible with some other app?
Please let me know!

mescon, contact me if you can help... mescon at linux dot nu
Christian Studer   2004-02-04 07:01
This feature is being considered for UltraMon 3.

One thing you could do is move the mouse to the next/previous monitor using hotkeys: UltraMon Options > Hotkeys, Move mouse to next/previous monitor.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
ecarlson   2004-02-04 12:07
I remember changing that setting years ago in the mouse settings, but I go into my mouse settings now, and that setting isn't there. What happened to that setting? I'm using Intellipoint 4.12 for my Microsoft Wheel Mouse Optical in Windows 2000.

- Eric www.InvisibleRobot.com
ecarlson   2004-02-04 12:11
mescon: Upping the mouse accelleration setting might help. Accelleration means that the speed of the mouse movement, not just the distance of the mouse movement effects how far the cursor moves, so if you move the mouse more quickly, the cursor will move farther than if you moved it the same distance slowly.

ecarlson   2004-02-04 12:29
Just for fun, I installed the latest IntelliMouse 5.0 drivers, and still no such setting. Maybe it was Logitech mouse drivers that had that setting, or maybe it was back in the days of Win9x.

ecarlson   2004-02-04 12:49
Okay. I Uninstalled IntelliPoint 5.0, and installed Logitech MouseWare 9.79.1, but the wrap-around cursor movement option is still not there. I'm guessing that it only existed in Win9x.

ecarlson   2004-02-04 13:49
Going for a consecutive posting record here:
I searched Google for various combinations of the words: Mouse, Cursor, Screen, Wrap, Around
I found a few interesting looking shareware utilities, but haven't tried any yet. Here are just a few of the sites: ToggleMouse,JustStuff,MouseWrap2
I'd think there would be a freeware app to add just the wrap feature. Maybe look on NoNags. I wonder why the Win2000/XP drivers took out the wrap option.

ecarlson   2004-02-05 00:03
Okay, More info: At work, I have an IBM branded mouse, with IBM Mouse Suite 1.74M. It has a menu called Pointer Utility, with an option for Pointer Wrap. If I turn on that option, it only wraps on the primary monitor, so there is no way to get the cursor to the second monitor unless I turn off Pointer wrap. Maybe that's why there is no wrap setting in the Logitech and Microsoft mouse drivers on my home computer: to avoid the cursor getting stuck on the primary screen.

The IBM Mouse Suite also has another interesting option: Slow Motion, where the mouse motion is slower and more precise if you hold down the Shift key.

My work computer runs WinXP-pro, my home computer runs Win2K, and both have dual-out NVidia cards.

- Eric, www.InvisibleRobot.com
Deryl   2005-05-29 17:09
dunno if the OP is still around but oddly, there really isn't any utilities/tweaks out there for mouse cursor wrap on multimonitors. Best thing I could come up with is to program my Logitech media keyboard so the 'forward' key moves the cursor to the next monitor and the 'backward' key moves the cursor to the previous monitor. Normally these keyboard keys are used to move forward or backward in your web browser's history, but I prefer the mouse cursor functionality with them..
Deryl   2005-05-29 17:11
I should have mentioned that this is programmed through UltraMon's hotkeys.. you can do the same with any keyboard, it's just nice to have the media keyboard so you don't have to use an ALT or CTRL combination.. ;)
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Is it possible to a supermario move on the mouse with UltraMon?