Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Win2k, SiS 6326 and S3 Virge: display controllers don't work together
Rene   2004-02-04 05:16
Ey,

I just started with multiple monitors on pc. I've an onboard Sis 6326 AGP and a S3 Virge DX/GX (375/385) PCI. My system runs normally on Win2k Professional, but it also has a multiboot with Win98SE (and Linux but not important in this case).
My SiS6326AGP is set as primary display controller in bios. When I run under Win98SE both display controllers work.
Under Win2k Prof I get an error with the S3 Card:
"This device cannot start. (Code 10)" (Translation from dutch so it can be a little bit different)
When I choose the S3 Card as primary in bios I get the same message on the SiS card.

Can somebody help me with this problem?

René

P.S.: I use the drivers from Win2k. I can't find other drivers for both cards which work. Even not on driverguide.com
Christian Studer   2004-02-04 06:57
Looks like both cards need to be primary in BIOS in order to work with Windows 2000.

You'll need to replace the S3 card with a more recent PCI video card, which doesn't need to be primary in BIOS. I would recommend an Nvidia or Matrox card.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Rene   2004-02-04 07:00
I first thought the same. But it is working well under Win98SE. So, in my opinion it is not in the hardware but in the software (Win2k or driver).
Correct me if I'm wrong...
Christian Studer   2004-02-04 07:04
It's a limitation of Windows 2000/XP and later, see the FAQ for details.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Win2k, SiS 6326 and S3 Virge: display controllers don't work together