Forums -> Multiple monitors -> having slide show / screen saver running on secondary monitor while working on primary
callidus   2004-02-06 10:13
anyone help with this?. i want to have my pictures in a slide show on my secondary while i work on my primary monitor. have tried using the screen saver but then i can't work on my primary. also tried various slide show programs but they all start on the primary. argh, slightly annoying to say the least. anyone know a good program or trick to fix this??. am running 2 monitors - 1 at 1280x1024 (19") and the other at 1024x768 (15"). this shouldn't make a difference should it??

thx for the help.
Vance   2004-02-06 17:11
Do any of the programs run a slide show in windowed mode? You could just do it that way.
callidus   2004-02-06 20:43
well, most programs that have a slide show function always go to full screen. can you recommend a slide show program maybe?
callidus   2004-02-06 21:13
an update: in reply to vance's earlier comments i've managed to find a slide show player which allows me to run a slide show in a maximized window (not full screen) this means i'm still left with the menu bar at the top which doesn't look as tidy as i would have wanted but it might have to do until something better comes along. for anyone interested, i found it here:

http://download.com.com/3000-2192-10224483.html?tag=lst-0-22
ecarlson   2004-02-07 01:17
You'd think that someone would have already written an app to display full-screen slide shows on a secondary monitor, especially one that could be controlled from the primary monitor. Seems like something that would be useful to a lot of people.

- Eric www.InvisibleRobot.com
ecarlson   2004-02-07 01:29
Callidus: Have you tried CompuPic or iView Media?

callidus   2004-02-07 11:02
hey ecarlson, thanks for the input. i didn't actually try the programs you recommended but have now. i found the best one was 'compupic' - this allowed me to run a slide show on my secondary screen but i couldn't get rid of the menu bar at the top. this was better than the previous software i recommend though so thanks for your input. much appreciated :D.

the other program, iview media, wasn't as good as the full screen kept maximizing in my primary monitor. bummer.

thanks again for your help.
ecarlson   2004-02-07 11:15
Thanks for the update. If you figure out how to get rid of the menu bar, please let us know.

Forums -> Multiple monitors -> having slide show / screen saver running on secondary monitor while working on primary