Forums -> Multiple monitors -> whats the point of this when gaming
Zhasha   2004-02-17 03:42
i dont have 2 monitors, nor ultramon, cause i just wonder what the point is of a screen thats streched like hell and then play some kind of game. i havent tried this yet but i might if i find any good stuff about this
Christian Studer   2004-02-17 19:43
Flight simulators will probably benefit the most from multiple monitors, most other games don't have any specific support for multiple monitors.

If you want to play FPS games like Unreal Tournament, you'll need 3 monitors, otherwise you'll have the crosshair right between the 2 monitors, which is practically unusable.

For 3-monitor gaming, you'll need a Matrox Parhelia. For OpenGL games only, a system with multiple Nvidia cards will also work. Other video card configurations don't offer 3D hardware acceleration across multiple monitors, which results in very poor performance, if the game works at all.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Christian Studer   2004-02-17 19:45
BTW, games with multi-monitor support (for example Microsoft Flight Simulator) should work on any system, the video card limitations only apply if you want to play a standard game stretched across multiple monitors.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> whats the point of this when gaming