Forums -> Multiple monitors -> AGP and PCI dual monitor setup
nanook   2004-02-19 07:21
I've got a GF3 Ti500, and thanks to the posts in this forum I now know that it's crap for Multi Monitor use (the GF2 and GF4's are capable, but no GF3 can). I do have an old 3dfx PCI card (8mb i think) and I tried plugging it in and using UltraMon, but I couldn't even get the computer to boot up, even after unplugging the monitor from the PCI card....I had to yank it out of the case to get the system to boot again. Is this card so old that it's causing the problem, or maybe its a feature on motherboards that mine just doesn't have?....or maybe there's a BIOS setting that i need to tweak? Any ideas?

If it is that my PCI card is too old, any recommendations on the cheapest PCI card that's confirmed to work in a dual monitor setup?

Thanks!
ecarlson   2004-02-19 14:14
Can you get the PCI card working without the GF3 card? Did you set PCI video to primary in BIOS? Do you have the latest drivers for both cards?

- Eric www.InvisibleRobot.com
nanook   2004-02-20 04:42
Thanks for the reply....I got it working...It was just a matter of changing the setting in the BIOS....all is working fine now!
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> AGP and PCI dual monitor setup