Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Dual display DVD at church
Sheryl   2004-02-19 14:31
Our church has an ATI Radeon 7000 card installed on a Windows ME operating system with multi-desktop setup enabled. I want to be able to play a DVD on the secondary monitor (the big screen behind the stage using a projector), but when I use a hotkey to switch to the secondary display, the DVD goes black, when I switch it back, it plays great on the primary monitor.

The only way it will play on the screen is if I make that the primary monitor, but then all my control & dialog boxes also show up on the big screen. We're using WinDVD as our player. I know there are a number of posts about not being able to play a game on one monitor and run a DVD on another, but we just want to be able to run the DVD player by itself on the secondary monitor. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Sheryl
Christian Studer   2004-02-20 06:21
This should work fine with a DVD player which supports running on secondary monitors, I have only tested on XP though.

See the FAQ for a list of DVD players which can run on secondary monitors.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
m2h   2004-02-24 20:30
I haven't used an ATI card in awhile. But check your overlay settings and set the fullscreen overlay output to the secondary output. Then you should be able play the DVD in a window or fullscreen on the primary monitor, and the secondary monitor will always show any video fullscreen.

This is the setup I am using currently with a nVidia card and two monitors, but one monitor is across my room which is mainly used for watching TV through a line doubler (composit/svideo to VGA, with VGA passthrough to use as a second monitor for watching any videos played back from my computer with a native overlay resolution for crisper happier quality). :)
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Dual display DVD at church