Forums -> Multiple monitors -> PCI card in dual monitor setup problem...
Rob   2004-02-24 09:31
I just recently got two Dell 2001fp LCD's for a dual-monitor setup. I have a Leadtek TI4400 AGP video card as my main video card and I just bought a Gainward FX5200 PCI video card for my second 2001fp LCD because I wanted both monitors on DVI connection. Well I got everything set up easily enough. But I have one problem, when I disable my secondary monitor or shut my computer off, my secondary monitor never goes into "power-save" mode (the mode where the screen shuts off but the power button is still on). It just turns the screen black and then gets a "self-test" box floating around the screen (the exact same thing it does when there isn't a cable physically connected to either analog or DVI inputs on the LCD). The interesting thing is that if I use the analog out from the Gainward PCI video card, the 2nd LCD works perfectly and switches to "power-save" mode when it is either diabled or the computer is off.

Is my card defective? Why wouldn't the DVI connection shut the 2nd monitor off when it is supposed to?
ecarlson   2004-02-24 14:42
This doesn't sound like your problem, but I had a CRT monitor that wouldn't go into low power mode. It turns out that it had the powersave turned off in on-screen setup. I changed that setting and then it went to low power mode fine when I shut off the computer.

What happens if you swap the monitors between the 2 DVI outputs? Does the other monitor have the same problem on that card?

- Eric www.InvisibleRobot.com
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> PCI card in dual monitor setup problem...