Forums -> Multiple monitors -> nview issue: 2 display in dualview with TV on cloneview ???
stormfrog   2004-02-25 08:08
Hi ppl,

I have a nut to crack that I have been at for some days now. I have no idea how to solve this so I would be very grateful for any ideas on how to proceed in the issue.

I am running M$ XP and have a Gainward FX5200 hooked up to two monitors that I run simultaneously in dualmode using nview. Since I use my computer as a media station I also want to clone one of the displays in dualview to my TV through s-video output.

How can this be done? Its a really tiresome process to set up the monitors in dualview since when I leave dualview to enable cloneview to the TV my monitors loose their resolution/frequency settings when I go back to dualview.

Is there some way to have dualview enable and send one display to show on the TV? It would be like a "cloneview of display 1" inside the "dualview of display 2 and 1" :P

Is this impossible?? If so, is there some easier way to switch between display settings in nview?

*in dire need of help*
ecarlson   2004-02-25 14:47
I don't think what you are trying to do is posible in an easy way. If you want to spend money, you might be able to get a VGA to TV converter box which has a VGA passthrough. Or maybe you could get a VGA signal splitter, and run one signal to your monitor, and the other to a VGA to TV converter.

Another option might be to get another video card for the non-mirrored monitor, and then run the TV and other monitor on the dual-out video card in mirrored mode (if that's even possible).

Of course, since computer monitors and TV monitors usually run at very different resolutions, there might be display quality issues somewhere.

- Eric www.InvisibleRobot.com
stormfrog   2004-02-26 14:05
I just foudn out you could bind hotkeys to nvidias profiles and have a different profile for every different setup. That way one can quite easily switch between different modes.

Its not optimal but its atleast helps out. Just hoping this might come in use for someone else. :)
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> nview issue: 2 display in dualview with TV on cloneview ???