Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Video acceleration issues
Aaron Cool   2004-02-27 00:46
Okay, I installed UltraMon yesterday with the hopes of playing a bunch of mirrored videos on two monitors. As many of you probably know, a lot of cards can't do hardware accelerated video on both monitors at once, and mine was one of them (GeForce4 ti 4600). I tried it without the acceleration, although it did work, and it both looked and performed like crap, so I abandoned the idea all together and uninstalled UltraMon. Anyway, since uninstalling UltraMon I can't get the hardware video acceleration back again, my ability to play divx movies also went out the window, which I think is odd because it doesn't seem to me like the two are related. I've messed around with both nvidia's controls as well as in the display properties of Windows XP but nothing seems to budge. Any ideas, folks?
Christian Studer   2004-02-27 05:58
You can enable DirectDraw acceleration with dxdiag.exe, the option is on the Display tabs.

UltraMon will restore the original acceleration setting when mirroring is stopped though, so it might be something else.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
ecarlson   2004-02-27 12:48
Before all this happened, did you try using NVidia's mirrored mode? It seems like the most likely mode to work in the configuration you want.

- Eric www.InvisibleRobot.com
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Video acceleration issues