Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Dual DVI question
Pneumatic   2004-02-28 15:04
I am running 2 Samsung SynchMaster 213T monitors and want a card that has 2 DVI outputs. It will have to support 1600x1200 for both monitors.

I have read these forums and looked over the site. I notice that the Matrox cards seem to be quite popular and do have dual DVI outputs. However, I do occasionally enjoy a game of Unreal Tournament and have read that the Matrox cards are among the worst for gamers.

Is there a card out there with 2 DVI outputs but isn't going to make me throw it out the window on the rare occasion that I play a game or two.
ecarlson   2004-02-29 02:41
Sure. Check NewEgg. If you view products by type, then go to video cards, you can specify DVI for the first 2 outputs, and you will get a list of all they sell. Many are NVidia based.

- Eric www.InvisibleRobot.com
PCGUY   2004-02-29 07:38
Here ya go :)
http://www.xfxforce.com/product_view.php?sku=PVT36FND
Pneumatic   2004-03-01 13:52
Fixed it up. I ended up just getting a Radeon 9800 Pro and doing it with one digital and one analog. I will make the dual digital my next upgrade. Hopefuly they will be eaiser to find by then. :)

The two Samsung 213T's look great. Now I have 42.6 inches of screen and I can spread out.

Thanks for the input!

Here is a pic of the setup.
Cj Cummings   2004-03-01 14:12
Do you see a big difference between the analog and the DVI? Just curious, I'm also using 2 flat panels and both are connected thru DVI usinf a radeon 9800 and a radeon pci 9100
Pneumatic   2004-03-02 06:29
I thought I would see a big difference but it's not as dramatic as I expected. Surprisingly enough the colors match quite well when I use a wallpaper that's designed for 3200x1200. I had to do just a little tweaking on the brightness but it's a smooth transition from one to the other now.

About the only difference is that text on the digital monitor MIGHT be slightly more crisp. You have to actually move something back and forth from one screen to the other and really study it to see the difference. If I just sat someone down here and asked them to tell me which one was digital and which one wasn't, they wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

I am happy with the decision I made. About the only thing that I would like is the multi screen gaming that I could have had with the Matrox card (if it would actually RUN the game I wanted to play). I guess I will upgrade to that when I get the 3rd 21.3 inch monitor. :)
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Dual DVI question