Forums -> Multiple monitors -> little problem
Daniel   2004-03-20 13:17
I recently bought a new graphics card and tested the dual monitor function with that card. but I could only use the extend desktop thing and it does not work the way I want. I want to have two separate desktops instead so I thought maybe I could use the onboard geforce2 display adapter for this.
My problem is that I cannot find my onboard adapter, not in the device manager or with the add hardware wizard. I also tried to reinstall it with the driver from nvidia but nothing happend.
What do I do wrong?

I tried changing so that my onboard adapter became primary VGA in bios but then i just get a white blank screen when windows starts...

I use winXP and an itegrated GeForce2 and a Radeon9600XT in the AGP slot

I'm vey mutch a newbie with these kind of things, so please don't be to hard on me
wbarber69   2004-03-20 15:07
first of all open up your box and move your pci video card down to the second pci slot under the agp slot, go into bios and make sure agp is primary, turn off all bios caching, and make sure that you have plug and play aware os fuction disabled, then save and exit. Secondly, there is no such thing as having 2 seperate desktops, that take two different computers, get over it, then things should get a little bit easier for you.
ecarlson   2004-03-21 14:06
If your onboard video is AGP (which it probably is), then you can not use it with an AGP card because AGP only allows for one operating device at a time. If your AGP card has 2 outs, then you can use them, or you can add a PCI card.

- Eric www.InvisibleRobot.com
ecarlson   2004-03-21 14:08
BTW: What is your idea of 2 seperate desktops, and in what way does extended desktop NOT meet that need?

- Eric www.InvisibleRobot.com
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> little problem