Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Dual Video Cards 2 CRT displays
Kendawg   2004-03-20 19:00
Well I've been looking into the multi-moni systems for a lil-while now. heres my problem, i have XP with

Nvidia Vanta/Vanta LT 16mb AGP

card which is my main card for now and im adding a
S3 ViRGE/DX PCI

after i bootup i get the error 10 card wont start, in drv manager so i did the switch in the bios so it is pci primary

after I boot up with both moniters plugged in, the pci turns on and continues to boot to the windows loading screen then the Moni. on the AGP card flickers on but no picture, pci continues to work,
after I fully bootup I go to drvmanagement and the AGP now has the code 10 error device wont start, am i doing something wrong, I would really like to hear your opinions on this matter.

Thanxz
Kendawg
Kendawg   2004-03-20 19:03
sorry forgot some info

the S3 is a 4 meg and has been tested on a diff system
and i have downloaded the latest drivers for the NVidia but not the S3 because there are no XP drivers out there for me to find.

Thanxz
Kendawg
ecarlson   2004-03-21 14:27
Try a different PCI slot. And keep PCI as primary in BIOS for that old card. Let us know what happens.

- Eric www.InvisibleRobot.com
Kendawg   2004-03-22 03:25
Well I tryed like you said and kept it primary and tryed another pci slot, I still get the code 10 device wont start on my NVidia (AGP) i tried all 4 open slots still nothing so I'm gonna throw in a 6 gig HDD and install 98se, dual-boot,dual-moni, gonna see if it works that way.still have XP if you can think of another way to get it to work in XP pro.

Thanxz
Kendawg
Kendawg   2004-03-23 03:19
Found out my problem, my Mother Board does not like the dual video on board, even in 98se so I went with Linux and still no go , heh heh, fig that much so im going with a New Mother Board , and Asus with NVidia on board (able to play HALO on the onboard Vid) and just use the 16mb AGP graphics card and just do wit out the S3 card all together. Thanxz for the help tho, very much, I will let you know how it goes and hopefully post a pic after i get my new MB.

Thanxz
Kendawg
Kendawg   2004-03-23 03:24
Just Read one of the other posts and saw that two AGP can not run at one time so yeah maybe i will stick with the S3 heh heh or buy a dual-head Vid PCI

Thanxz
Kendawg
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Dual Video Cards 2 CRT displays