Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Problems with new Nvidia card in triple monitor set up.
the_beav   2004-03-22 09:49
I was previously running an Nvidia GeForce Ti4200 along side a PCI Nvidia MX-200 for a triple monitor set up. Ran flawlessly for over a year, no problems, sweet triple lovin.

Yesterday, I purchased a new MSI card, NVidia GeForce FX 5900xt based. The problem is pretty straight-forward, when I put the new AGP card in, the system only *sees* the PCI card. Not really though, the AGP card DOES show up as functioning in the device manager, but nothing in display properties.

I tried just about everything I could think of short of a format/reinstall. I uninstalled the PCI, put AGP in first with drivers, vice-versa, rebooted, etc...over and over. Always ignores the AGP with PCI card present. Take out PCI, AGP works flawlessly. I also tried 2 other PCI card with this particular AGP board, all with the same result.

The BIOS has always run/posted on the PCI card even with my original setup, even though I have it set to boot to AGP first, perhaps that is part of the problem with the new card.

It seems to me that this would be either BIOS or driver related maybe, not sure. Any ideas would be highly apprieciated!

Quick Specs:
Motherboard (If not that exact one, very similar! =))
P4 2.6 HT
1GB DDR
240GB SATA RAID
180GB ATA
Creative SB Audigy
Windows XP SP1
ecarlson   2004-03-22 11:25
Do you have the latest motherboard BIOS?

- Eric www.InvisibleRobot.com
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Problems with new Nvidia card in triple monitor set up.