Forums -> Multiple monitors -> PCI priority over AGP?
Phi Dinh   2004-03-24 01:07
Ive tried putting a pci graphcis card into the first PCI slot and setting the initialize to PCI in the BIOS

however once i put my AGP in, despite the above settings, neither monitor works.

its only once i remove the AGP does the PCI monitor work.

If i set the BIOS to AGP, only the AGP monitor works, regardless of any PCI card

help

THanks

Phi
Kendawg   2004-03-24 05:37
What cards are you using?

Thanxz
Kendawg
Phi Dinh   2004-03-24 12:47
Primary : AGP ati radeon 9200 64mb
Secondary : CHips and technologies 655550 on keycorp k57 monitor
Pete King   2004-04-09 08:07
I recently bought a Keycorp K57 monitor and the acoompanying PCI card and added it to my Windows XP machine as a second screen. It took me a while (a few hours) to actually work out why I wasnt getting a picture on it. So for anyone else looking for a solution, here is what I did.

I was trying to run the card on a setup that has a couple of other video cards in it - an agp onboard card and another pci video card. Attempting to use the K57 as a secondary monitor failed, but plugging a spare monitor I had lying around into the VGA port on the back of the same card (the K57 uses some sort of proprietry DV port on the same card) revealed a picture, so I knew that the problem wasnt the video card. After much messing around with drivers, I finally started swapping the video cards around.

It turns out that the K57 can only be used if it is the video card that the system uses when it boots up. So the order of the graphics cards, and their priorities in the BIOS (e.g. PCI over AGP) is important.

This isnt so bad though, because under Windows XP I can simply set the other monitor as being the primary display... now my sytem is up and running and everything is fine. Hope someone might find this info useful!
Luke   2004-04-27 02:48
Phi, Get a life!

Skywalker
Rafeek   2004-05-22 07:51
Hi
A friend of mine recently bought a Keycorp monitor with the K57 pci card from Ebay...but there wasn't a driver with it. I've been serching for the driver on the internet without any luck. Would really apreciate it if you could send it to me or direct me to a site where i could find it.

Thanx
Kupitero   2004-05-26 11:16
Rafeek,

The drivers are not required if you're using the Keycorp K7 monitor (and its accompanying PCI video card) on any flavor of Windows (98 or above). It will be auto-detected as Chips and Technologies 65550 with 2 MB of RAM on-board.

You can always go to:

www.asiliant.com .....in case, you like to get the drivers for any other use you may need.

That's the new company name behind Chips and Technogies. All the best...Kupitero
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> PCI priority over AGP?