Forums -> Multiple monitors -> RealPlayer 10 on two screens
Andrew   2004-03-26 07:05
Hi,

I am running two monitors (CRT) from an Appian Graphics Hurricane card (Radeon VE chipset.

If I start RealPlayer 10 playing on the primary monitor all's well, but if I switch RealPlayer to the second monitor the audio continues but video is no longer displayed.

Windows Media Player does not exhibit this problem.

Perhaps it's just a 'foible' of RealPlayer?

Has anyone any ideas, please?

Regards,

Andrew
Auntie   2004-03-27 18:20
Looks like the overlay video is not played on the 2nd monitor.
Either update your video drivers or look for an option within realplayer to turn off overlay.
Andrew Stephens   2004-03-29 03:07
Hi,

Thnks for you comments - I'll check out those suggestions.

Have been investigating a bit more and I find that it's only Realmedia format files that are affected.

In other words RealPlayer 10 CAN display AVI and WMV files on the second (and primary, of course) screen, but it cannot display RealMedia (RM) format files on the secondary display.

Hmmm....

Andrew
Phi Dinh   2004-03-29 04:31
trying playing the realmedia files on Windows Media Classic
Lucas   2004-04-05 15:19
I tried the Windows Media Player Classic version that is meant for rm support. It still wont play the rm files. Does this mean that it has something to do with how the rm files are made? Can rm files be converted to mpeg or avi without just doing a shoddy video capture of the screen?
Seahorse   2004-04-06 00:20
Media Player Classic players Quicktime and Real Media files just fine. You MUST install the relevant codecs first!

Real and Quicktime Alternatives

--
Rgds Mike
Dead-Fish.com Deep Sea Daddies...
Tinface   2004-04-11 08:09
I have the exact same problem. I can even put Realplayer on the edge of the 2 screens so one half is played on my monitor and the other half is NOT played on my tv.
Tinface   2004-04-11 08:32
Going to the Tools->Preferences menu under the "Hardware" tab turning down the "Video Card Compatibility" slider a nodge fixed it.
Caillin   2004-05-08 02:13
Yep, this fixed it as well.
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> RealPlayer 10 on two screens