Forums -> Multiple monitors -> LeadTek DH Pro & ATI Expert@Play
Robert Cosentino   2001-03-21 06:21
Hello,
I just recently bought the GeForce2 MX DH Pro in hopes that I can have a 3 monitor setup....(2 from the DH Pro and 1 off of a PCI ATI Expert@Play). The problem Im having is the computer will lock up when the 3rd monitor kicks on if I have it set in the motherboard bios to boot the AGP first. I get the message "Windows has properly configured this adaptor" then locks up.

If I have it set to boot the PCI slot first (the ATI), the 3rd display (the 2nd Leadtek channel)doesent come on at all and the DH Pro defaults to "Twin View Disabled". Then if I click extended view and try to reboot, the system hangs on the "Windows is shutting down" screen and doesnt budge... I have to manually reset the
computer.. and upon reboot, the DH Pro is still in "Twin View Disabled" mode. I can use "Clone View" no problem. I have no IRQ conflicts, I have tried disabling VGA on the ATI and different PCI slots. I contacted Leadtek and the support was so bad that I'm might return the DH Pro if I cant resolve this problem. I'd rather not though becase I like it.
I have no real loyalty towards the ATI so if worse comes to worse, can anybody can tell me witch PCI card to get so I can have 3 monitors using the DH PRo and one PCI adaptor?
Your help will be appreciated.
Thanks,
Rob Cosentino

System Environment :
Motherboard: ABIT SH6
Motherboard Chipset: Intel 815E
CPU(brand, type & frequency): Intel PIII 733/133
Operating System: Windows 98 SE
Graphics card BIOS version (if applied): Latest
Graphics card driver version (if applied): Latest
IRQ Usage: 2 free (IRQ's 3 & 4)
Peripheral cards: Leadtek Geforce2 MX DH Pro, ATI Expert@Play 8 meg PCI , Echo Layla PCI Sound
Christian Studer   2001-03-21 08:52
Try this search, shows some configurations using a GeForce2 MX dualhead and one or more PCI cards. No absolute guarantee though that a similar configuration will work on your system...

Christian Studer
www.realtimesoft.com
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> LeadTek DH Pro & ATI Expert@Play