Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Same video on 4 monitors
rns007   2004-04-10 19:01
I'm having trouble getting a video to work on all 4 monitors. I have a Radeon 9000 Pro AGP and Radeon 9200 PCI card both hooked up to 2 monitors each. My AGP card is the primary card. I can get 4 different videos to play on the monitors (1 on each). For example, I can watch TV on monitor 1, watch a video using power dvd on monitor 2, watch a quicktime video on monitor 3, and watch a windows media player video on monitor 4 all at the same time. However, when I set the other 3 monitors to clone monitor 1 (using ultramon), I can only see the video on monitor 1. I can see everything but the video itself on the other monitors. That is, I see the frame of the application (like quicktime or power dvd), but it is black where the video is supposed to be. I thought about using video saver but it is only for screen savers. Any help will be greatly appreciated. TIA
Christian Studer   2004-04-10 23:44
You'll need to disable video overlays under mirroring options, this might not work with all video players though, for example DVD players usually require overlays to be enabled.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
rns007   2004-04-11 05:18
Thanks, that worked. However, it looks like the other 3 monitors video is moving at 1/2 of the frame rate (slow motion). Probably due to my video cards limitations. Thanks again.
Christian Studer   2004-04-11 06:38
That's most likely due to mirroring to 3 monitors. Keep in mind that UltraMon does mirroring via software, and isn't the best solution for mirroring video.

If you need realtime video mirroring, a hardware solution such as a VGA splitter might be the better option. This requires each monitor to use the same resolution though.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Same video on 4 monitors