Forums -> Multiple monitors -> New IrfanView with Multi-monitor support
ECarlson   2004-04-16 04:23
IrfanView 3.90 has recently been released, and the update list says "Multiple monitor support added (Slideshow/Fullscreen)"

Get it at www.IrfanView.com

Also, join the IrfanView Yahoo group (it needs more participation).

- Eric, www.InvisibleRobot.com
ecarlson   2004-04-17 07:50
I'm having some issues with the full-screen mode of IrfanView 3.90 on my dual-monitor system. Is anyone else having issues?

- Eric www.InvisibleRobot.com
Christian Studer   2004-04-19 02:08
Thanks for the heads-up.

Fullscreen actually seems to mean Desktop, ie the image or slideshow gets stretched across the desktop.

But I noticed that this doesn't work correctly if you have secondary monitors to the left of the primary monitor.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
ecarlson   2004-04-19 10:27
Thanks I got a reply from Irfan, and he said it was my drivers, so it's good to see you can reproduce the problem. I'll let him know, or maybe you can e-mail him too, so he gets reports from multiple people. What video card(s) and driver(s) did you test with?

Christian Studer   2004-04-19 21:45
I used an Nvidia Quadro NVS 280, 56.64 drivers, DualView mode on Windows XP.

Christian Studer - www.realtimesoft.com
Jacek Piskozub   2004-04-26 21:35
I have the same problem with IrfanView 3.90 and dual head display. This is a Nvidia4 (Asus 9280) on Windows Me. The left (secondary) monitor is not used by full screen , only the right part of the right monitor is used (IrfanView assumes it is the left one, obviously) with the right half of the picture missing.

Jacek
ecarlson   2004-04-28 13:54
Everyone: Please report the problem to Irfan so he will fix it (contact info is on the IrfanView web site). He has a version of 3.90 without the new "multi-monitor support", but it would be nice if he actually makes it work for all of us. I don't get the impression that he understands that there is an actual bug in the multi-monitor support that he added, even though I e-mailed back and forth with him 3 times so far.

ecarlson   2004-05-03 11:56
UPDATE: IrfanView 3.91 is out, with the option to turn off the "multi-monitor support" which was added in 3.90. For a while, he had a special 3.90 available without the "multi-monitor support".

Forums -> Multiple monitors -> New IrfanView with Multi-monitor support