Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Wrong Version of Windows?
Spooky   2004-04-20 09:42
Hi There

Iam trubg to get my nVidia GeForce 5200 PIC card to work alongside my ATI 9800 AGP card so I can run 4 monitors. I Installed the PCI card and the latest XP drivers from the NVidia site, all went well and I restarted. Opened up Display Settings and 2 little greyed out monitors appears beside my 2 ATI monitors in the settings dialog as expected. I adjusted the resolution and bit depth to the desired settings and then pressed Apply, but it then said it could not save the settings then gave an Invalid Settings dialog and the following error message.

"The currently selected graphics display driver can not be used. It was
written for a previous version of Windows, and is no longer compatible with
this version of Windows."

I cant understand it, I have all the very latest updates for XP from MS and its the very latest drivers so how can that message be correct. Has anyone else come across this? The device manager shows the correct drivers installed and says the hardware is working correctly.

Any help would be great

Chris
kegie   2004-04-27 23:04
Hi, I have the same problem. I managed to fix it once by installing an older driver (28.something), but that stopped working when I had to disable the card once, I suspect it reinstalled some newer files or something. Very annoying!
Spooky   2004-04-30 02:16
Still havnt fixed it, I can only assume it was something in the latest round of security fixes from MS and that Nvidia will fix it in their next drivers.
Spunkymanker   2004-05-21 13:17
Hey, did you ever find a solution for this?
I've been trying to fix this for a while now with no luck, using various versions of drivers...
It was working fine for me until I upgraded to a newer version of the ATI driver, now it won't work with either version...
Spunkymanker   2004-05-21 15:53
I've "fixed" my problem for now.
I used this combination:
Nvidia drivers 44.03
ATI drivers - catalyst 4.3

It's working fine now
though it would be nice to use current drivers for both cards... it doesn't work.
Sputink   2004-06-02 21:10
I'm having the exact same problem, I've created a post in Rage3D about this, http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?s=&postid=1332896680#post1332896680

I guess I should have originally posted my question here. I'm going to try to downgrade to 4.3 cats.
Sputink   2004-06-02 22:12
Ahh thankyou Spunkymanker for that info. I downgraded the drivers (both ati and nvidia) to the driver versions you specified.. works like a charm!
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> Wrong Version of Windows?