Forums -> Multiple monitors -> KVM from dual to single
digger2640   2004-05-06 08:56
Hi,

I have two computers. One with a single monitor video card and the other with a dual monitor video card. My question is, can I get a KVM that will switch between the two computers?

Thanks,

Digger
Tantalus   2004-05-06 14:34
there several vendors that make dual-display KVMs but be warned that are *quite* expensive. i don't have any links handly but a google search woul yeild some hits, i'm sure.

if either one of your dual displays supports a 2nd input, you could get by with a plain (1 display) KVM.

display #1 (Primary) - connect to the KVM and services both PCs
display #2 - connect directly to the 2nd output
ecarlson   2004-05-07 11:23
If one of your computers only needs a single monitor, then you can leave the second monitor connected to the other computer all the time, so you can use any KVM you want.

Depending on what you want to do with the single-monitor computer, you could also remote into it from the primary computer with an app like RAdmin , VNC, or Remote Desktop. Then you wouldn't need any new hardware.

RAdmin is my favorite of the 3 apps I mentioned, and I use it all the time, but it is not free like the other 2, though it is very inexpensive at $35 for a 2-computer license (especially when compared to something like PCAnywhere).

- Eric www.InvisibleRobot.com
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> KVM from dual to single