Forums -> Multiple monitors -> ATI TV Application...
FN   2001-03-24 22:07
Greetings. Thanks for takin the time to read my post!

Here's my setup.

The BIOS Primary Display is PCI so that the ATI Card will work. I have the drivers installed from their website.

As of right now, I have the ATI monitor as the primary and the 3dfx monitor as the secondary. HOWEVER, I only have it setup like that because when the ATI TV App starts it insists on running on the primary monitor. However, when I go to play a game in Glide/OpenGL it starts on the crappy ATI monitor and then switches to the secondary monitor to actually play the game, leaving the primary monitor black and messed up looking.

What I would like is for my 3dfx monitor to be the primary. All my games and apps should be launched from it EXCEPT the TV App. That should know to start on the secondary monitor (the ATI). But I've tried the "shortcut on the monitor you want the app to start on" trick. Didn't work. I've tried starting the program with the ATI as the primary, then once the TV App is running, switch the ATI monitor to the secondary but the TV doesn't come back after the switch. So I can never run a Glide/OpenGl app and run the TV App at the same time on each monitor.

Is there anyway to make the ATI TV App only start on the ATI monitor? I've tried several scripts in UltraMon but haven't gotten anything to work. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Lovin UltraMon,
-FN-
Christian Studer   2001-03-25 00:07
There's probably no workaround, the problem is that the ATI driver and/or TV app needs to be primary in order to work. The only solution would be to get a separate TV card, see this thread for more information.

Christian Studer
www.realtimesoft.com
Noah   2001-03-26 07:58
I have been researching a similar issue with my system. I would like to run a Geforce ultra or Radeon on the primary display, and install the newly released Radeon AIW PCI on the secondary. The idea would be to run all the AIW multimedia functions on either monitor. I found that the AIW and its multimedia functions would only work properly when the card is installed as the primary display adapter (primary monitor).

Here are some links from ATI concerning multimedia functions

http://support.ati.com/infobase/2991.html
http://support.ati.com/infobase/3087.html

Noah
Forums -> Multiple monitors -> ATI TV Application...